How Hibiscus Tea Can Help Alleviate Menopause Symptoms
My love for hibiscus is strong, not only is this plant beautiful in bloom, it is without a doubt one of my favourite ingredients to blend with, it tastes amazing, produces a beautiful red tea but its packed full of great benefits. This is a go to tea for me.
Hibiscus tea, has been used for centuries to help alleviate menopause symptoms. Let’s explore why hibiscus tea is one of the best natural remedies for menopausal women.
5 Benefits of Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus tea usually made from the dried calyces of the hibiscus flower. It has been consumed for centuries in many cultures for both its flavor and health benefits. Some of the benefits of hibiscus tea include:
- Rich in antioxidants: Hibiscus tea contains high levels of antioxidants, including vitamin C, which can help to neutralize free radicals and reduce oxidative stress in the body.
- Lowering blood pressure: Studies have shown that hibiscus tea may be effective in reducing blood pressure in people with hypertension. This may be due to the presence of compounds called anthocyanins, which have been shown to have a vasodilatory effect, helping to relax blood vessels and improve blood flow.
- Lowering cholesterol: Hibiscus tea has been shown to have cholesterol-lowering properties, which may be due to its high levels of antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Digestive health: Hibiscus tea has been traditionally used to treat digestive issues such as constipation, diarrhea, and stomach upset. It may also help to improve gut health by promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Immune system support: The high levels of vitamin C in hibiscus tea may help to support a healthy immune system and reduce the risk of infections.
- Weight loss: Hibiscus tea may help to support weight loss by reducing the absorption of dietary fats and carbohydrates and by increasing metabolism.
Hibiscus can be found in Mother Cuppa Energise blend, a perfect ingredient to help us ladies.
The Benefits of Hibiscus Tea For Menopausal Women
@mother_cuppa If you need a caffeine free kick to your day, #mothercuppa HERO blend is energise. #caffeinefree #energise #energydrink #herbaltea #adaptogens #stamina #enhance #perform #energy ♬ original sound - Mother Cuppa Tea
Hibiscus tea has a number of health benefits that make it a great choice for menopausal women. The most notable benefit is its ability to reduce hot flushes, one of the most common symptoms of menopause.
Studies have shown that drinking hibiscus tea on a daily basis can help reduce the frequency and intensity of hot flashes. Additionally, hibiscus tea contains anthocyanins, flavonoids and polyphenols which have anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve other menopausal symptoms such as headaches and joint pain.
Hibiscus tea also helps regulate hormone levels in the body, making it beneficial for those who experience irregular menstrual cycles due to hormone imbalances during menopause. This is because the antioxidants present in hibiscus tea helps balance hormones naturally and thus regulate the menstrual cycle.
Furthermore, research indicates that drinking hibiscus tea helps improve mood swings associated with menopause by reducing feelings of depression or anxiety often experienced during this time.
It’s important to note that while hibiscus tea does have many health benefits, it should not be considered a substitute for traditional medical treatments such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT). If you are experiencing severe or long-term symptoms related to menopause, it is important to consult your doctor before relying solely on natural remedies like hibiscus tea.
All in all, hibiscus tea is an effective way to alleviate some common symptoms associated with menopause such as hot flashes, irregular menstrual cycles and mood swings without having to rely on medication or HRTs. As with any remedy though, it’s important to speak with your doctor first before incorporating any natural remedies into your routine. With regular consumption of this delicious beverage along with other lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and adequate sleep, you can make your experience during this transitional period much more pleasant!
Find out more about the benefits of hibiscus tea here https://mothercuppatea.com/blogs/our-blog/the-benefits-of-hibiscus-tea?_pos=1&_sid=335fb78b1&_ss=r