Are you a woman struggling with stress, finding it hard to switch off and relax, struggling with perimenopause or menopausal symptoms, brain fog, lack of concentration?
If you are, you need to consider adding adaptogens into your life.
Adaptogenic herbs, quite simply, are plants that help the body to adapt to stress.
They can aid in regulating our stress response and enable us to function better even in our most difficult times.
Adaptogens produce special plant chemicals that help the plants themselves adapt and survive in harsh conditions. These chemicals work in our bodies to help build resistance to stress and the negative effects it brings about. They help to normalise our stress response and regulate the release of stress hormones and their effects.
Apoptogenic herbs can:
- Limit the overproduction of stress chemicals such as cortisol.
- Regulate energy and metabolism during stress
- This helps lessen the side effects that are caused by constant use of stored energy & nutrients and consistently high blood sugar.
- Increase protein restoration and synthesis (during chronic stress protein is broken down to provide energy)
- Modulate and optimise stress switch on and switch off systems
- Activate protective cell mechanisms
- Overall increase in energy, stamina, immune function and resilience
- Tulsi – Holy Basil
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Licorice root